This is a huge month for our ministry with the SoCal Harvest Crusade taking place August 17–19 at Angel Stadium.
If you can make it out and bring a friend, that would be great, but if you cannot make it, you can have your own evangelistic event by sharing the gospel message with someone who doesn’t know the Lord.
Here are some essentials to help guide and encourage you in sharing the Good News!
Essentials for Sharing the Gospel
- Be loving. “By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).
- Be knowledgeable. “Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you” (1 Peter 3:15).
- Be confident. If you act like you don’t believe what you’re saying, then they won’t believe it either. “The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion” (Proverbs 28:1).
- Be prayerful. Don’t try to do it on your own. “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Be gentle. Be tactful. “Let your gentleness be known to all men” (Philippians 4:5).
- Be compassionate. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. “Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous” (1 Peter 3:8).
- Be a listener. “Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath” (James 1:19).
- Be simple. Don’t complicate the message. “For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).
- Be focused. Keep the main thing the main thing. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
- 10. Be glorifying. We must give the glory where it is due. “I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images” (Isaiah 42:8).
Scripture quotations taken from the Holy Bible, New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.